Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mt. Tapyas


I decided to hike Mt. Tapyas last Sunday since I wasn't sure where the church is located. Many villagers told me that when you reach the top, you will surely be blown away by the breathtaking and spectacular landscape of Coron; which was indeed true. 




            

 Just like what others say, you won't appreciate something unless you work hard for it. That is why before reaching the top and in order for you to see the wondrous landscape of Coron, you have to face a challenge and that is to climb or walk about 723 steps. As Bob Dylan once said "Behind every beautiful thing, there's some kind of pain."

The Panaromic View of Coron Islands

The giant Cross which you could see from below. 
One of the tourist which I was with said that the island above is called the "Sleeping Giant". 

Another panaromic view from another perspective of side of the mountain. If you could actually notice, there's a path going downhill where a small cottage is situated in order for tourist and visitors could rest or stay while resting or waiting for the sunset.

While I was hiking up the mountain, I was actually about to give up and quit. But I remembered a caricature (as shown below) of a person tunneling for diamonds and at the end with only one strike he could have found the diamond, he quit. Then, I realized that I don't want to be that man. In addition, I put myself in a situation that above that mountain if my success of being a lawyer, and if I would quit now then it means that I am not deserving to be one.That gave me the drive and determination to reach the top and not to give up. 


Reach your dreams
without hesitation
xoxoxo
~0~

No comments:

Post a Comment